The photographs are copyright Willi Gutowski.
They may be used in education provided acknowledgement is made.
No commercial use may be made without prior permission in writing.
1. Teenage boy poling dugout canoe on the Donga River
2. Brass bowl made by the lost wax technique
3. Corn bins near Jalingo
4. Mambilla woman grinding corn on a stone
5. The distinctive, humped, long-horned cattle herded by the Fulani
6. Mambilla woman cooking cornmeal porridge ("FUFU") in a clay pot on a typical hearth
7. New, improved, cement latrine
8. Chicken coop near Warwar
9. Washing clothes
10. Fulani woman's hairdo decorated with beads
11. Fulani girl selling butter and buttermilk from a calabash (1/2 of a dried gourd).
12. Mambilla woman post-partum leaning on a birthing stool
13. Girls dressing hair
14. Clothed Mambilla boy and naked girl holding baby on her back from Ndeng--typically only the boys are dressed in clothes in order to attend school. Money is not spent to dress the girls until their teens
15. Typical Mambilla family scene--Man in front with stick to "chase away the snakes," followed by the son, with laden mother carrying baby taking up the rear
16. Four Mambilla girls wearing beads, with calabash on head
17. Three Mambilla young men
18. Beaded and turbanned Fulani mother with child, from Jimeta, note her Kola stained, reddened teeth
19. Christian wedding procession